HydroWorks® Toilet Repair Kit
Latest HydroWorks HWK230 Repair Kit News
HydroWorks HWK230 Repair Kit Reviews
Easy to Use and Highly Adjustable for Maximum Water Savings, November 28, 2010
For a few dollllars more than your standard tank replacement valve, get this unit. It promises a few key benefits, and delivers on them.
Some of the features advertised on this unit are standard with a normal valve:
1. Setting the amount of water that fills the tank - this is done the same way as a normal kit, by adjusting the height of the float with a screw - easy as cake.
2. Water savings on a flush - this is a bit debateable since any new fill valve will save water over what's wasted by a broken one.
Some of the unique features offered by this kit:
1. Easy installation - No tools required and took me about 10 minutes to install, and I was pretty careful. Totally painless.
2. Calibrating the amount of water that goes into the bowl through the fill tube - This is the best reason to buy this kit. With a simple lever you can adjust the fill amount to a reasonable level. My toilet was from 1984, and wasted a lot of water by overfilling the bowl every time. The amount of water I save with just this adjustment will pay for the kit in no time.
3. Fill lock - This isn't fancy but it gets the job done. it's a small piece of plastic that allows you to lock the pump in the "off/raised" setting and prevent the tank from refilling while you are adjusting the flapper, changing the pump height, or whatever else you need to do.
I haven't had a chance to use the leak detection feature yet (and hopefully won't ever have to).
Overall I think this kit is great, offering a lot of extras you won't find on a normal repair kit. The high level of adjustability will likely offset the higher cost of this kit in the long run. Highly recommended.
My one recommendation is to check out MJSI's other 2 kits offered on this site, depending on what accessories you want. The MJSI HC660 HydroClean Water-Saving Toilet Fill Valve with Cleaning Tube offers this valve with a nifty little tube to clean the junk out of the tank, and the MJSI HFX120 HydroFix HFX120 Water Saving Toilet Fill Valve and Flapper Kit offers the cleaning tube and a flapper. The pricing is close on each model so just pick the one that works best for you.
Works like it is supposed to, November 10, 2010
L. Nowicki "Lars" (Michigan)
Not a whole lot you can say about a rubber flapper except that it works like it should every time. No leaking. Adjustable float on the chain allows you to adjust how much water flushes out of the tank with each flush. Overall, quite satisfied.
It’s a Toilet Flapper, November 03, 2010
Ok, this one might not fit EVERY toilet but that's why you the consumer do your homework and find out if it will fit your particular toilet.
Once this daunting task of personal liability is met, then and only then might this product work.
As for my experiences with this product, once installed properly it flushes and that's about all you can ask of an overpriced form fitted peace of rubber/plastic.
That wasn't fair, $6 isn't over priced.
Easy to install, works great,, September 13, 2010
D. Bottcher (Arlington, VA USA)
Let's face it, toilet innards aren't supposed to be glamorous. This one, however, comes close. The HydroClean was easy to install, actually looks nice (modern?) in the tank, and includes a couple innovative features. First, there's a small plastic clip that lets you lock the float in the "up" position. This allows you to flush the toilet without the tank filling again, which allows you to work in the tank without having to get on your knees and shut the water off at the wall. Second, there's a little dial at the top of the valve that lets you select how much water re-fills the toilet bowl. This lets you select the right amount of water, so you water isn't being wasted by over-filling after each flush. Finally, the valve directs water downward so as to clean the inside of the tank upon each flush. My tank, being old, has years of accumulated rust stains. It didn't exactly brighten the inside of the tank but it looks a little lighter. All in all, a great product.
so far, is excellent, August 31, 2010
We have gone through 2 'fluidmaster' fill valves from Home Depot. On both the float quit floating in little time. One of them constantly hissed. I did not want to buy another lousy part, so I ordered this one based on reviews. We have had it for one week. It is functional and far better than the Home Depot part so far.
This one is a little more 'adjustable' than most other parts, mainly that you can adjust the bowl fill rate to coincide with the tank fill rate, which will save water. Like other similar fill valves this one has adjustable heights for the stem and the float.
The very fact that it works is not in itself enough for the 5 stars, but when I compare it to the other similar parts (which don't work), this soars. . . I recommend this over fluidmaster parts from Home Depot.